Managing the risks associated with a changing climate is becoming increasingly important for agriculture in the Pacific Northwest. The WSU CSANR Pacific Northwest Agriculture and Climate Change webinar series takes a deeper look at climate change topics of importance to the diverse agricultural systems of the Pacific Northwest. The series provides up-to-date, research-based information that is relevant to the region as it becomes available. The webinars are intended for anyone who is interested in how a changing climate might impact agriculture and how current research can inform ways to manage the associated risks.
Upcoming Webinars in the Series
- Please check back for future webinars.
- Nitrogen Management and Climate Change Mitigation in Pacific Northwest Cropping Systems April 17, 2014: Presented by Georgine Yorgey, Associate in Research, WSU CSANR. Further Reading for N Management Webinars.
- Nitrous Oxide Emissions in Inland Pacific Northwest Cropping Systems March 27, 2014: Presented by Georgine Yorgey, Associate in Research, WSU CSANR. Flux Tower 3-minute video referenced in presentation. Further Reading for N Management Webinars.
- Nitrogen Cycling and Losses in Agricultural Systems March 13, 2014: Presented by Kristy Borrelli, Extension Specialist, Regional Approaches to Climate Change (REACCH), University of Idaho. Further Reading for N Management Webinars.
- Soil Carbon Dynamics and Climate Change Mitigation in the Inland Pacific Northwest 2013: Presented by Georgine Yorgey, associate in research, WSU CSANR. Further reading associated with this presentation.
- Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the Pacific Northwest November 2012: Presented by Georgine Yorgey, associate in research, WSU CSANR. Further reading associated with this presentation.
- What do we currently know about the impacts of climate change on Pacific Northwest cropland agriculture? November 2012; Presented by Chad Kruger, director, WSU CSANR. Further reading associated with this presentation.
- Greenhouse Gases and Agriculture: Where does Organic Farming Fit? November 2010; Presented by Lynne Carpenter-Boggs, David Granatstein, and Dave Huggins.
Want email notification about future webinars?
To be notified about webinars in this series, send an email with “Ag and Climate Webinars” in the subject line to: Tara Zimmerman.