Measure to Manage (M2M)
Farm and Food Diagnostics for Sustainability and Health
Our Goal: To develop, validate, and apply analytical systems quantifying the impacts of farming systems, technology, and policy on:
In the News:
- Dr. Benbrook receives Award of Excellence (pdf version) from The Organic Center.
- Journal publication: “Organic Production Enhances Milk Nutritional Quality by Shifting Fatty Acid Composition: A United States-Wide, 18-Month Study” published in PLOS ONE on December 9, 2013. See also major findings and other information.
- Press release: Researchers See Added Nutritional Benefits in Organic Milk
- Blog post (December 9, 2013): New Insights Gained into the Role of Dairy Products in Promoting Healthier Diets.
- M2M’s Pesticide Dietary Risk Analytical System, which provides information on pesticide residues in different foods, is available in beta.
- M2M’s Pesticide Use Data System, providing the pounds of active pesticide ingredient applied per acre for various crops, is available in beta.
- Journal publication: Impacts of genetically engineered crops on pesticide use in the U.S. — the first sixteen years.
- Press release: Pesticide Use Rises as Herbicide-resistant Weeds Undermine Performance of Major GE Crops, New WSU Study Shows.
- Blog post (October 2, 2012): Hard lessons emerge from new study of the impacts of GE crops on pesticide use.
- Blog post (September 4, 2012): Technical review of Stanford organic vs. conventional study.
- All blog posts by Charles Benbrook.