Measure to Manage (M2M)
Farm and Food Diagnostics for Sustainability and Health
- The Independent has published Charles Benbrook’s letter on the state of GM science.
- Keynote presentation slides (pdf) to the Organic Agriculture Research Symposium speech by Dr. Benbrook on February 25, 2015 and accompanying blog post.
- Blog post (December 9, 2014): Narrowing the Conventional Versus Organic Farming System Yield Gap.
- Genetically Modified Food Debate featuring Dr. Benbrook on Wednesday, December 3, 2014.
- M2M’s Pesticide Dietary Risk Analytical System, which provides information on pesticide residues in different foods, is available in beta
- M2M’s Pesticide Use Data System, providing the pounds of active pesticide ingredient applied per acre for various crops, is available in beta
M2M Journal Articles:
- Journal publication: “Higher antioxidant and lower cadmium concentrations and lower incidence of pesticide residues in organically grown crops: a systematic literature review and meta-analyses” published in British Journal of Nutrition on July 11, 2014
- Journal publication: “Organic Production Enhances Milk Nutritional Quality by Shifting Fatty Acid Composition: A United States-Wide, 18-Month Study” published in PLOS ONE on December 9, 2013.
- Journal publication: Impacts of genetically engineered crops on pesticide use in the U.S. — the first sixteen years
Blog Posts by Charles Benbrook:
- Blog post (December 9, 2014): Narrowing the Conventional Versus Organic Farming System Yield Gap
- Blog post (October 24, 2014): Promoting Global Food Security One Crop of Tomatoes at a Time
- Blog post (July 11, 2014): New Meta-Analysis Identifies Three Significant Benefits Associated With Organically Grown Plant-Based Foods
- All blog posts by Charles Benbrook
Our Goal: To develop, validate, and apply analytical systems quantifying the impacts of farming systems, technology, and policy on: